(PR#9597) ?attitude:amiable, ?attitude:Friendly
Mateusz Stefek
2004-08-03 08:45:27 UTC
Friendly is stronger.
Amiable means they are pleasant to deal with, nice, not hostile.
Friendly means they are (or want to become) your friend - it's much
more than nice :-)
amiable or friendly ?
According to my dictionary amiable is synonym for nice,
but in Freeciv sources it means more love than 'friendly'.
Can anyone improve graduation in love_text() in player.c ?

--
mateusz

Laczysz sie przez modem? Mamy dla Ciebie bonusy!
http://link.interia.pl/f1826
Per I. Mathisen
2004-08-03 10:11:32 UTC
Post by Mateusz Stefek
Friendly is stronger.
Amiable means they are pleasant to deal with, nice, not hostile.
Friendly means they are (or want to become) your friend - it's much
more than nice :-)
amiable or friendly ?
According to my dictionary amiable is synonym for nice,
but in Freeciv sources it means morelove than 'friendly'.
Can anyone improve graduation in love_text() in player.c ?
Do you have any suggestions?

- Per
Mateusz Stefek
2004-08-25 09:22:33 UTC

Does anyone has any more objections to the following graduation?
Genocidal
Belligerent
Hostile
Uncooperative
Uneasy
Neutral
Rescpectful
Helpful
Enthusiastic
Admiring
Worshipful

With Ciaran Mac Lochlainn's patch neutral values are used more often,
which is a very good idea.
mateusz
Jason Short

jason
Mike Kaufman
2004-08-25 16:05:18 UTC
Post by Jason Short
Post by Mateusz Stefek
Does anyone has any more objections to the following graduation?
Genocidal
Belligerent
Hostile
Uncooperative
Uneasy
Neutral
Rescpectful
Helpful
Enthusiastic
Admiring
Worshipful
Pretty good.
as long as Respectful is spelled correctly, I agree.

-mike
Ciaran Mac Lochlainn
2004-08-25 17:11:35 UTC
Post by Jason Short
Post by Mateusz Stefek
Does anyone has any more objections to the following graduation?
Rescpectful
Pretty good.
as long as Respectful is spelled correctly, I agree.
-mike
:-)

One thing I've noticed is that nobody wants to worship me :-( Maybe the
range of values I allowed (-80 to 81) is too broad. It was -50 to 71
but I changed the values as well as the strings. Are there limits on
the values that ai.love can have in practice, or am I not giving my
allies enough free techs?
Per I. Mathisen
2004-08-25 17:30:32 UTC
One thing I've noticed is that nobody wants to worship me :-(Maybe the
range of values I allowed (-80 to 81) is too broad.It was -50 to 71
but I changed the values as well as the strings.Are there limits on
the values that ai.love can have in practice, or am I not giving my
allies enough free techs?
Yes, the values are kept within a narrow range. I am not entirely sure
what this range is, exactly... but it won't get over 99 unless
extraordinary circumstances occur, that's for sure.

- Per
Mateusz Stefek
2004-08-25 19:09:20 UTC
Post by Per I. Mathisen
One thing I've noticed is that nobody wants to worship me :-(Maybe the
range of values I allowed (-80 to 81) is too broad.It was -50 to 71
but I changed the values as well as the strings.Are there limits on
the values that ai.love can have in practice, or am I not giving my
allies enough free techs?
Yes, the values are kept within a narrow range. I am not entirely sure
what this range is, exactly... but it won't get over 99 unless
extraordinary circumstances occur, that's for sure.
- Per
As I can see love is always beetwen -76 and 76.
We need some clarity in this area. I will create ticket for that
--
mateusz